Island Hills Plan Quick Facts
The proposed Greybarn Sayville plan for the former Island Hills Golf Club will:
- Increase home values in the community by increasing the pool of potential homebuyers who will need larger living space.
- Be a positive addition to the Sayville community, transforming a closed and shuttered golf club which has become an eyesore into a tax-generating, upscale community.
- Be designed to reflect the rich architectural heritage of the South shore.
- Significantly increase revenues generated from local property taxes above what is currently collected.
- Be an economic boon to Main Street Sayville that has been weakened by the recession and the lack of sewers.
- Generate significant sales and property taxes that will benefit the Connetquot School District as well as Sayville's Fire Department, Ambulance and Library Districts.
- Create more public open space to Sayville with the addition of 25 acres of walking paths and pocket parks around the property.
- Provided needed housing choices for singles, couples and empty nesters who want to live in Sayville but can't find the maintenance-free lifestyle they want and need.
- Reduce the amount of nitrogen and other chemicals going into the groundwater by implementing on-site state of the art waste water treatment.
- Be a beautifully designed and landscaped community that will be an asset to the Sayville community.
- Expand opportunities for local Sayville business to establish on-site concierge services to its residents.